19.12.12

Progress #1912

Been a slow week on all fronts... sort of, I updated the engine to U4.0 and have been fiddleing with the new animation system Mecanim, and also refreshed all assets for my game so that they are compatible with Mecanim.
Apart from that no major changes've been made. Started to make destructible objects both with loot and traps, I recall a prototype I made last year that had destructible buildings and environment ( but it was handled in a really clumsy and performance-costly way... ) I might create something similiar sometime in the future though, but I'll probably try another approach-
I was quite inspired by an article (it's more like a checklist thingie tho...) I read awhile back, written by Alex Vlachos (Valve Software) with a summary of how decapitations work in Left 4 Dead 2. I've felt no need to try that on my game characters since the "point of strike" in my game is working pretty much like a dice-roll in a board game, and the point beeing chosen depending on what the dice says. However, it could probably come in handy on buildings and environment. As long as I don't create 10000000000+ polygon buildings for some peculiar reason. ;)

In case someone is interested in the article it can be viewed here: http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2010/gdc2010_vlachos_l4d2wounds.pdf



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar